WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WELCOME TO THE Shop Display Systems Ltd WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE. THESE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE AT www.sds.uk.com. BY
ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE AND/OR PLACING AN ORDER, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND
BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
USING THIS WEBSITE INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR
NOT YOU CHOOSE TO REGISTER WITH US OR ORDER FROM US. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE
TERMS, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
The www.sds.uk.com website is operated by:
Shop Display Systems Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales, whose registered
office is at Unit 9 Blacknest Industrial Park, Alton, Hampshire, United Kingdom,
GU34 4PX. Our company registration number is 6009539.
Our VAT registration number is 916 644 707
Our contact details are as follows:
Trading address: Unit 9, Blacknest Industrial Park,
General email: email@example.com
Telephone number: 01420 520 081
- 1.1 You will be able to access most areas of this Website without registering your
details with us. Certain areas of this Website are only open to you if you register.
1.2 We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting.
You should check this Website from time to time to review the then current terms
and conditions, because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms
and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms
located on particular pages of this Website. If you do not wish to accept any new
terms and conditions after we have given notice, you should not continue to use
2. ORDERING FROM US
- 2.1 You are deemed to place an order with us by ordering via our online checkout
process. As part of our checkout process you will be given the opportunity to check
your order and to correct any errors. We will send you an order acknowledgement,
detailing the products you have ordered.
- 2.2 Our acceptance of an order takes place when we despatch the order. We will send
you a despatch confirmation by email. When we despatch the order the purchase contract
will be made even if your payment has been processed immediately, unless we have
notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled your order.
- 2.3 We may refuse to accept an order:
- (a) where goods are not available;
- (b) where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment;
- (c) if there has been a pricing or product description error; or
- (d) if you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions.
- 3.1 All display and carriage prices exclude VAT. We shall show VAT (where applicable)
at the current rates separately and include it in the total price.
- 3.2 Where we charge separately for packing, carriage and insurance and other relevant
charges, the appropriate rates are set out in our specified pricing structure shown
elsewhere on this Website.
- 3.3 Our prices are reviewed periodically.
4. CANCELLATION AND RETURNS POLICY
- 4.1 If you wish to cancel your order:
- (a) you can notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before we have
dispatched the goods to you; or
- (b) where goods have already been dispatched to you, by returning goods to us in
accordance with clause 4.2 below.
- 4.2 You can return goods you have ordered from us for any reason at any time within
14 days of receipt for a full refund or exchange, excluding the cost of carriage.
The costs of returning goods to us shall be borne by you.
- 4.3 Upon receipt of the goods we will give you a full refund of the amount paid
for the goods or an exchange credit for the goods as required. The cost of the carriage
to you will not be refunded.
- 4.4 The rights to return the goods to us as referred to in clause 4.3 will not apply
in the following circumstances: -
The provisions of this clause 4.4 do not affect your statutory rights.
- in the event that the product has been used
- in the case of software, audio or visual products, where the packaging has been
- to any products that we have made or customised specifically for you
- 5.1 You are permitted to print and download extracts from this Website for your
own use on the following basis:
- (a) no documents or related graphics on this Website are modified in any way;
- (b) no graphics on this Website are used separately from accompanying text; and
- (c) any of our copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear
in all copies.
- 5.2 Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights
in all material on this Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical
images) are owned by us or our licensors. For the purposes of these terms and conditions,
any use of extracts from this Website other than in accordance with clause 5.1 above
for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in these terms and
conditions, your permission to use this Website automatically terminates and you
must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from this Website.
- 5.3 Subject to clause 5.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced or stored in
any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system
or service without our prior written permission.
- 5.4 Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
6. SERVICE ACCESS
- 6.1 While we endeavour to ensure that this Website is normally available 24 hours
a day, we will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any
time or for any period.
- 6.2 Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the
case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
7. VISITOR MATERIAL AND CONDUCT
to this Website will be considered nonconfidential and non-proprietary. We will
have no obligations with respect to such material. We and our nominees will be free
to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use such material and all
data, images, sounds, text and other things embodied therein for any and all commercial
or non-commercial purposes.
- 7.2 You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any
- ((a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic,
abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory,
blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance
- (b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
- (c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal
offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or
infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world;
- (d) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses,
logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious
software or harmful data).
- 7.3 You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
- 7.4 We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order
requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any
material in breach of clauses 7.2 or 7.3.
8. LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- 8.1 Links to third party websites on this Website are provided solely for your convenience.
If you use these links, you leave this Website. We have not reviewed all of these
third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites
or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations
about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from
using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this
Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- 8.2 If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that
you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this Website, and subject to
the following conditions:
- (a) you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the
Shop Display Systems Ltd logo;
- (b) you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around
- (c) you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services other
than our own;
- (d) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false
information about us;
- (e) you do not otherwise use any Shop Display Systems Ltd trade marks displayed
on this Website without our express written permission;
- (f) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- (g) your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial,
infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or
otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations. We expressly
reserve the right to revoke the right granted in this clause 8.2 for breach of these
terms and to take any action we deem appropriate.
- 8.3 You shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage we or any of our group companies
may suffer or incur as a result of your breach of clause 8.2.
- 9.1 To register with www.sds.uk.com you must be over eighteen years
- 9.2 Each registration is for a single user only. We do not permit you to share your
user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.
- 9.3 Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you and if
you know or suspect that someone else knows your password, you should contact us
- 9.4 We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion
or if you breach any of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
- 10.1 While we endeavour to ensure that the information on this Website is correct,
we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website.
We may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the products and prices
described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be
out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
- 10.2 The material on this Website is provided "as is" without any conditions, warranties
or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law,
we provide you with this Website on the basis that we exclude all representations,
warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions
implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable
care and skill) which but for these terms and conditions might have effect in relation
to this Website.
- 11.1 We, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining
or delivering this Website), and any of our group companies and the officers, directors,
employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility
for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party
(including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss
or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money,
or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption,
and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise)
in connection with this Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability
to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website
or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due
to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property
on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website or your downloading
of any material from this Website or any websites linked to this Website.
- 11.2 Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability
for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by
the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a
fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under
- 11.3 If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing,
repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
- 11.4 You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors,
employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages,
losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the
terms and conditions by you, or your use of this Website, or the use by any other
person using your registration details.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- 12.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance
with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions
shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- 12.2 We do not warrant that materials/items for sale on the Website are appropriate
or available for use outside the United Kingdom. It is prohibited to access the
Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful. If you access
this Website from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk
and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- 13.1 A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's
hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic
or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications
to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations
to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about
- 13.2 Cookies are used to help manage the security of the site and identify users
when they authenticate. This also helps with the analysis of data about activity
and system usage so that we can improve this website in order to tailor it more
closely to customer needs.
- 14.1 You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under
these terms and conditions
- 14.2 If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by any court of competent
jurisdiction to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the
validity of the remaining provisions which shall continue to have full force and
- 14.3 Only the parties to these terms and conditions may seek to enforce them under
the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.